Saturday, January 1, 2011

Jan 1,2011

So not sad to close out 2010. What an emotional roller coaster the year has been. I had such a hard time with Emily leaving home. Isn't this what we prepare our kids to do?? Why is it so hard when they do it? Emily is in the US Army and I couldn't be prouder. Is this the path I would have chosen for her? Absolutely not! But she chose that path, and if I do say so myself, is absolutely thriving in it. Too far away from home for me, and I actually grieved her leaving. No sooner that I was getting over that, and my dad died so suddenly on Aug 31. Playing a game of volleyball, of all things. So sudden, it left us all reeling. I have many questions with no answers. I will never get the answers. I only have to move on. But wow, did I learn a lot of life lessons from his passing. Never take anyone or anything for granted. Do not sweat the small stuff, and I know what the small stuff is. Live life lighter. That is my motto as I enter 2011. Live life lighter. Every day is our last day. We cannot fix some of the mistakes we make. We cannot take back hurtful words, we cannot live a memorable moment again. Live each day like it's your last. What a freaking revelation I had when my dad died. Life is SOOOOOO short. Lets not dwell. I am a changed person because of a death. The thought of a man who loved life so much, and is no longer in it, is too huge to wrap my head around. I cannot imagine not being in life anymore. I love you dad.. But lets focus on the living. My children, my husband, myself. This is what I need to live each day for.

No comments:

Post a Comment