Sunday, August 26, 2012

A year Wiser

Oddly, I had forgotten all about the fact that I started a blog in 2009! I was posting on a friend's blog and she happened to come across mine and asked if I was going to resume writing. What?? How could I have forgotten I got this thing going with the intent to keep myself updated on life's little happenings.  A year older, a few more dead brain cells!

A lot has happened since my last posting. I still live in the same house, have the same job, married to the same man, I think my car is different than 2009, but my kids.....now my kids are always causing changes in my life. And thats not always a bad thing!
Emily got married, unbeknown to us, her parents, last March. She met a fellow army soldier, fell in "love", and got married 3 months later.
Stunned, Shocked, Furious, dont even come close to how her dad and I felt when we actually "guessed" that she had married this guy. No, she did not tell us, we "guessed a week after it happened. Again, not in my life plan for her, just like her joining the military wasnt. However, I have come to decide that my life plans for her are exactly that- MY life plan FOR HER.  Wake-up call. I raised her to be a good, decent person with emphasis on not being afraid of going against the tide. I told her "be your own person, dont ever try to emulate someone or something else, express your individuality"  She takes that advice every day. It shows in the many colorful tattoos she has displayed on various areas of her skin.  Soooo  I need to back off. She is 20 now, out of my control. I am always there to support her and love her. That is my job now, and I no longer hold any of my life plans for her, because her plans really havent turned out that disasterous yet.

Christopher is a Senior! My baby! Now Christopher has no life plans at the moment, and I dont hold any for him. He will find his way through life. He can get by on his personality alone. He is a kind, funny, caring sort of guy. Everybody's friend.  I am proud of both of my kids, no matter how it turns out.

I have grown wiser in the fact that I am able to relax a little. I am able to let bygones be bygones, and not to let the small stuff build into big stuff. Things that bothered me last year, dont bother me this year. I find myself looking forward to the future now, rather than dreading it. Life is good

2 comments: